Company name: Wacom
Product name: Wacom Intuos Pro Paper
Type of Product: Digital Art Supplies
Medium – 338 x 219 x 8 mm / 13.2 x 8.5 x 0.3 in
Large – 430 x 287 x 8 mm / 16.8 x 11.2 x 0.3 in
Medium – 700g/ 1.54lbs
Large – 1300g/ 2.86lb
- 2 years in the USA, Canada, Latin America
- 1 year China, AP, Japan
- 2 Years in Europe
My review: 9/10
So, what’s it all about?
Wacom’s professional pen tablets are specifically designed for artists and graphic designers. Wacom Intuos Pro paper is a perfect blend of pen tablet and paper. It allows you to be creative on paper with the help of technology. This blog post is Wacom Intuos Pro Paper review.
The hardware is amazing and it looks very stylish. The product is perfect for designers and artists who draw directly on a paper. You might be wondering that how Wacom Intuos Pro paper is different from other tablets?
Well, let me tell you. You can draw anything that you like on a paper and the Wacom ink pen will detect your strokes and will create a digital image for you. The sketch drawn by you will be automatically transferred to your computer.
Wacom Intuos Pro paper has more surface area as compared to other Wacom products which have less surface area and more extra plastic. The gel pen is supported by EMR fine point.
You don’t need any special type of paper to draw. You can choose any type of paper you want. The best part is that you also don’t need to be connected to the internet all the time.
You can draw even if you are offline. It can save up to 200 sketches offline. This means that even if you go to a place where internet connectivity is an issue, you can still use your Wacom Intuos pro paper.
The body of Wacom Intuos Pro paper is elegant and classy. It also has an option to store extra nibs of your pen. It comes with a tool that can help you replace the nib of your pen if it is damaged due to any reason. You can stack almost 10 sheets of paper with your tablet.
The best part about Wacom Intuos Pro paper is that no battery is required to power the pen. When you make a purchase, Wacom Intuos pro paper comes with three ink refills and a considerable amount of paper sheets.
After the release of Wacom Intuos pro paper, artists no longer have to scan their sketches. You can now have the digital version of your sketch by using Wacom Intuos pro paper. It also allows you to refine your image later.
If you have bought Intuos Pro but you are also interested in buying Intuos Pro Paper then you can do it very easily. All you have to do is to buy the add on kit that has a clip and a pen. There is also a new power button and a touch on and off button.
While connecting it to your computer, simply click on the button for six seconds and it will connect via Bluetooth or a USB cable. There will be a blue light that will blink to show the pairing process.
Click here to buy Wacom Intuos pro paper.
Following are some of the positive points of Wacom Intuos Pro Paper.
- A tablet that is available in various sizes including large and medium.
- Advanced control over your pen. There are 8192 levels of pressure in your pen and it also comes with tilt recognition.
- There are some productivity boosters added in this version of Wacom Intuos pro paper. These productivity boosters include express keys, home button along with a layer function, settings that allow you to save your time etc.
- Can be modified to use for right and left handed people.
- It also comes with an option of Bluetooth and USB connectivity.
- Compatible with both; Windows and Mac.
Following are the cons of Wacom Intuos Pro Paper.:
- There are not so many applications that support the pressure sensitivity of the pen.
- The supply of fine tip pen does not last for a long time.
What is included in a box?
- Wacom Intuos Pro Pen Tablet (Medium or Large)
- Wacom Pro Pen 2 (battery-free)
- Accessory soft case
- 4 extra pen color rings
- 3 fine tip ink refills
- Pen stand (includes 6 standard nibs, 4 Felt nibs)
- Fine-tip Pen (Battery-free)
- Paper Clip
- 10 single Paper sheets – A5 or A4 (depending on tablet size)
- Texture sheet sample card, 2m (6.6ft) PVC-free USB cable
- Quick start guide
- Wacom Ballpoint Pen
- Wacom Ballpoint refills (3 pack)
- Wacom Soft Case – Medium or Large
- Wacom Texture Sheets – smooth, standard, and rough
- Prior generation pens (Pro, Classic, Art, Airbrush, Grip)
- Wacom Paper Clip (replaceable)
- Wacom standard nibs (5 pack)
- Wacom felt nibs (5 pack)
- Wacom Finetip refills (5 pack)
- Wacom Fine-tip Pen (replaceable)
- Wacom Pro Pen 2 with case (replaceable)
Click here to read about accessories in more detail.
Precision Mode: Yes
Cable Included: 2 m (6.6 ft.) PVC-free USB cable
PC and Mac Connection: USB or Bluetooth Classic for using with wireless connection
Wireless Included: Yes – Bluetooth Classic that can be used for connecting to PC or Mac, Bluetooth LE* that can be used for connecting to mobile devices (in paper mode)
Paper Size (for paper sketching): A5/Half Letter for Medium tablet A4/Letter for Large tablet
Max number of Pages Stored (for paper sketching): 200 pages with unlimited layers can be stored on tablet – no internet connection necessary
Express View Display: Yes
Radial Menu: Yes
Display Toggle: Yes
Dedicated Pan, Scroll, Zoom, Brush Size: Yes
Precision Mode: Yes
Wacom Intuos pro paper review
I would definitely recommend you to buy Wacom Intuos Pro paper because it is best for artists. Though, it is a bit expensive as compared to other similar products in the market. But, it is definitely worth the money. I would give 9/10 to this product.
Here is a quick video about Wacom Intuos Pro paper edition: